505 Sansome Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
Goodin MacBride lawyers have broad experience in securities litigation, gained, uniquely, from both plaintiff and defense perspectives. Our attorneys’ securities cases have included traditional 10b-5 lawsuits, claims under the 1933 Act, and actions pursuing and defending officers and directors for breach of fiduciary duty and related claims.Goodin MacBride attorneys:
- Represent a charitable trust in litigation against a California municipality and a securities broker/dealer for misrepresentations made in the issuance of notes to finance a city-owned cable company.
- Represent a national class of plaintiffs against a brokerage firm for claims arising out of undisclosed kickbacks from mutual fund companies.
- Settled a similar class action for $127 million against another brokerage house, arising out of the broker’s recommendation of "preferred funds" to customers while secretly receiving kickbacks.
- Represented an outside director of a corporation in a class action brought by shareholders alleging that the board artificially inflated the value of its securities.
- Represented a Pacific Rim bank in matters related to its receivership, including litigation against directors and pursuing coverage under a fidelity bond.
- Represented former officers and directors of a dissolved corporation against state and federal securities claims made by a disgruntled investor and former director.